Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the Marcum Workplace Challenge?
The Marcum Workplace Challenge is a 3.5 mile run/walk open to teams of employees, friends and family from corporations, non-profits and governmental agencies. Since 2006, the event has raised over $1.2 million for our charity beneficiaries. It is a great team-building/morale boosting/networking event that is also “Long Island’s biggest office picnic!”
- Do I need to register as part of a team or can I run as an individual?
You need to be a part of a team. You can create a team for your company. There is no minimum or maximum number of participants per team
- How do I register a team?
On the REGISTRATION page, download the Company Captain Checklist and the Team Captain Management Guide to help you with the process.
- What is the cost to register?
$30 (through May 31)
$35 (June 1- June 30)
$40 (July 1- July 24)
THERE WILL BE NO DAY OF RACE REGISTRATION
- Does the Team Captain have to register for the event?
Yes. The Team Captain must register if he/she wants to participate in the 3.5 mile run/walk.
- Can my friends and family also register?
Please check your company’s policy. The event, itself, does allow that, but it is up to each corporate/business entity’s policy.
- What is a Top Dog?
A Top Dog is the most senior executive at your company (ex: CEO, COO, CFO, Senior Partner, Director, Principal) who is participating in the event. A company must have at least 5 participating members for a Top Dog to be submitted. It is not mandatory to submit a Top Dog.
- Is there a minimum age to participate?
There is no minimum age. However, a participant on a team MUST be 18 to score for a team.
- Are spectators allowed?
Spectators are welcome and there is no fee!
- I won’t be able to participate; can I still donate to the beneficiaries?
Yes! Please click HERE.
- What if it rains on Race Day?
- The event is rain or shine.
- When should I arrive?
We recommend that you arrive no later than 6 p.m. if company policy allows. There are plenty of attendees who do arrive earlier, as the festivities start gearing up around 5 p.m.
- Where should I park on Race Day?
Parking will be available in Parking Field 5 (which is generally full by 5:30 pm), with overflow parking in Field 4. Some participants also like to use Parking Field 6 and walk through the tunnel to the event site in Parking Field 5.
- How do I reserve space in The JPMorgan Chase Corporate Village?
Please complete the online Site Reservation Form, no later than July 30, 2023.
If you will be putting up a tent, you must also send in the NYS Tent Permit application, which you can find HERE.
- Is there a cost to reserve space in The JPMorgan Chase Corporate Village?
No. Reserving space is FREE!
- When do my delivery trucks have to be out of The JPMorgan Chase Corporate Village?
Vendor and delivery trucks cannot enter The JPMorgan Chase Corporate Village after 3:30 p.m. and must be removed no later than 4 p.m.
Break down/load out should not be attempted while the event is occurring. Trucks will not be permitted back into the event area until 9 p.m. Please plan accordingly.
- Are there Security Procedures in place?
Per the NY State Parks Department, rental companies should expect to have all equipment inspected prior to entering the event area and all vehicles will be inspected each time they enter the event space.
- What time does the race start?
The starting horn sounds at 7 p.m. But get there around 5 p.m. to take part in our festivities.
- Is there a cut-off time to finish?
- Can I start walking/running before or after the official start?
No. All participants must start with the starter’s horn at 7 pm and not before. They must also complete the full course. Those caught “cutting the course” are a safety hazard for those running the race and will also risk disqualification.
- Where is the Start/Finish line?
In the middle of Parking Field 5.
- Are there Water Stops along the course?
There is a pre-race water stop near the start line; water stops at miles 1, 2 and 3 and a water stop after the finish line as you enter the Post Race Refreshment Stop
- Are there Mile Markers?
Yes. There are mile markers at every ½ mile along the course!
- Will there be ice available after the race?
Yes. Participants are handed ice bags after they come through the finish line.
- Where are the Information/Registration Tents?
In Parking Field 5, parallel to the entrance to The JPMorgan Chase Corporate Village.
- Can I bring my dog?
No. Dogs are not allowed at Jones Beach State Park.
- Can I use a baby jogger/stroller?
No. For safety reasons, baby joggers and strollers are NOT allowed anywhere during the 3.5 mile run/walk.
- Are I-pods/ music devices/phones with headphones allowed?
Due to safety reasons, we discourage the use of I-pods and other music devices using headphones.
- Are there awards and an awards ceremony?
Yes. We give out a variety of awards, on race night and in the days after that you can view once posted.
The Award Ceremony starts at approximately 8:20 pm at the Awards Stage, near the band, in the JPMorgan Chase Corporate Village.
- Where is…
* Medical Tent: Located at the end of the Finish Line.
* Goody Bag/T-Shirt Tents: Along the south side of Parking Field 5 under striped tents. They will be open from 4 to 8:45 pm
* Volunteer Check-in: In the Information Tent
* JPMorgan Chase Corporate Village Check-in: In the Information Tent
* Scorecard Turn-in: In the Information Tent
* Bathrooms: The Comfort Station is located near the Concession Stand by Zach’s Bay. There are also porta-potties located just west of the T-shirt tents, near the Start/Finish Area.
- How do I submit my Team Results?
Team Captains will use the online link that will be provided to you just prior to race day. remember that a Men’s Team is comprised of 4 Men, a Women’s Team is comprised of 4 Women and a COED Team is comprised of 2 Men/2 Women